Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various crucial features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your desired audience, some might not offer all of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complicated that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Users
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your courses to an customers. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not only create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily accessible to those who are new in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over other instructors. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build an online course without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the key characteristics that you might want to be aware of in the event you’re considering the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and materials along with blogs to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other viable ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community, and training resources and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who might be interested in giving it a try. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed in each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, garner an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly and is packed to the brim with all the features you’d want when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days available on certain blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. The creation of content using the site and course creator software was never so easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations. Apart from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free option available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Users
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the users interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of clutter, as some features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar and it lets you look for items and tools on the site by entering the words. As mentioned previously the courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English for those who want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of course or product templates, or the way it calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create your own course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are called categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to be added to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your course in one tab. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand including logos images, fonts, and designs , into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi Users
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments can be a great way to assess whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you get to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Aside from that in addition, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating areas for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone item or as a an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can modify to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus take away any Kajabi branding and replace it with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the site’s content, such as media files, text or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets nowadays, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your members to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with your blog posts by creating one using the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode, you have two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members are able to access. Kajabi Users
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Users
You can create as many emails to your campaigns as you like and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. The management of e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to gauge how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Users
Another of Kajabi’s top features is its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your intended audience to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You could even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
For the pricing, Kajabi offers you a wide range of options to select from. You can choose to charge your students for your services at different times (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or give them away to them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for one item or for a variety of products, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a given timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Users
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you make and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live chat is available for certain times and days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop useful course content. Kajabi Users
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of additional tips and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material, but we have to address a few vital things that are missing. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful in making custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in features it might make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities in comparison to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might think about in making your choice. Kajabi Users
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range, we can understand how Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other has, and this includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it works. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it might not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Users
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices so that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Users