Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various important features you can use when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your intended audience, some might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also offer nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell What is Kajabi? Kajabi Vs Groovefunnels
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? There are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over others. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up its ‘one stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the most important attributes that you ought to watch out for if you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools, media files, and templates you can select according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and products, as well as your own blog to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who come from different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who might be interested in giving Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of important features included within every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, gain an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as make websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with all the features you could ask for when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available on all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is available on selected blogs, so if you wish to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the website and course builders hasn’t been so easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students in your classes. You can also connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s not a free option either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Vs Groovefunnels
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can build your own landing page, alter your course and interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching and allows you to search for items and tools within the site by entering the keywords. As mentioned previously the website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English if you wish to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may soon encounter a list of product or course templates or, as the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure that are designed to provide an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are called groups and posts respectively. Posts are the places where you put in different kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one tab. This one is handy especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand including logos, images, and font design into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Vs Groovefunnels
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to determine whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Aside from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, students have access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate item or as a component of your member space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through an automatic SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can modify to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as eliminate the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website which includes media files, text or clickable icons. Sections are, however are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing which site element you wish members to view. With all the tools you need to create your website as you wish it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with the blog post by making one with the text editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to expand your reach, group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes there are two options: release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Vs Groovefunnels
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent to their inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Vs Groovefunnels
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Vs Groovefunnels
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your target public to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
For the pricing, Kajabi provides you a wide range of pricing options. You can cost your pupils for the products at different times (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or give them away for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a specific product or multiple products, as well as set specific dates that your members can access within a specific period of time. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Vs Groovefunnels
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses However, you have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you if you’re struggling to create a course or page among other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled for certain times and times during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop meaningful educational content. Kajabi Vs Groovefunnels
For training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of other advice and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you in the right direction. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack of features, it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might be considering in your decision. Kajabi Vs Groovefunnels
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price we can imagine how Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has higher-end features than the other as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it works. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing for example, the issuance of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Vs Groovefunnels
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Vs Groovefunnels