Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many important features can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to promote your courses to your desired audience, some might not provide all those things. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just the basic editing interface but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Vs Squarespace
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you develop and market your content to your audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are numerous factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s aspects can be digestible even for those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over other instructors. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets, of its important characteristics that you might want to watch out for in the event you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of tools for customizing including media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products and your own blog to keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages and other effective ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training materials in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who come from different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. At the time of writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who be interested in giving it a try. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and create a website that you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with all the features you’d want when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. However, a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you wish to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course builder software has never been this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s not a free option either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Vs Squarespace
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar it allows you to search for tools and items on the site by entering the search terms. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of product or course templates, or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content created to offer the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are referred to as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content including text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders for the posts that are kept.
You can also include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload all of them directly from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in one tab. This can be useful especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your brand including logos or images as well as font design into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Kajabi Vs Squarespace
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great method of determining if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content more.
Apart from that aside from that, the LMS website also has made progress in creating areas for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature, your students are able to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone product or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as pick from a variety of premium, unique themes, all of which you can modify to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan and above you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs as well as remove any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your own!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the site’s content, such as text, media files or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating the blog post by creating your own using an editor for text. You may include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your members have access to. Kajabi Vs Squarespace
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically to their inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Vs Squarespace
You are able to create as many emails to your campaign as you want and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can choose the members you want to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Vs Squarespace
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more time and effort and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from the ground
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi offers an array of options for you of options to select from. You can choose to cost your pupils for the products at various times (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or hand them out to them for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a specific product or multiple items, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a certain time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Vs Squarespace
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you make and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you when you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for specific times and on certain days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to create useful educational content. Kajabi Vs Squarespace
For training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the world of course design. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for more information and tips the help desk will be there to help you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limits as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful in making custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in features it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity in comparison to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may think about in your decision. Kajabi Vs Squarespace
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range it’s easy to see how Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than Kajabi, and this includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it works. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it might not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Vs Squarespace
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices so that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all courses even while in the move. Kajabi Vs Squarespace