A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with many important features you can use when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your desired viewers, other platforms may not have most of the features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may provide editing options that is so complicated it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they offer almost all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell What is Kajabi? Kajabi Vs Teachable Vs Thinkific
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to develop and market your courses to an audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to the marketing services, nearly all of the Kajabi features are designed to be easily accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over the rest. In addition this allows students such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points of the most important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and products along with a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable methods to increase your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training tools in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of features that are included in each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, gain a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you could ask for when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is available on selected blogs. If you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, the short trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content with the website and course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Vs Teachable Vs Thinkific
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the users interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items within the site by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned the courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or what the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are called categories and posts, or. Posts are where you can insert different types of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your course in one page. This one is handy particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any theme to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font design into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Vs Teachable Vs Thinkific
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment feature, you can select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone feature or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and above you can import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as remove any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the given themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts from when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets it’s logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to build your site however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi lets you create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-created website it provides a space where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating your blog posts by making one using Text Editor. You may include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode, you have two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Kajabi Vs Teachable Vs Thinkific
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are highly easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Vs Teachable Vs Thinkific
You can create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you like and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Vs Teachable Vs Thinkific
Another of Kajabi’s standouts are the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more effort and time however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to persuade your public to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one The library is filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are immediately sent to your bank account.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi offers an array of options for you of options to select from. You can cost your pupils for the services at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or distribute them at no cost. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specified price for one product or a number of items, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a given time frame. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Vs Teachable Vs Thinkific
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide more functions. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users live chat support is scheduled for certain times and days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by many who use it to design meaningful courses. Kajabi Vs Teachable Vs Thinkific
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for more advice and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you on your way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and market your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that are missing. Most of them would have been very useful in improving the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of options for question types – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a plethora of features, it could make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Vs Teachable Vs Thinkific
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price range we can imagine the ways Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer greater features that Kajabi, and this includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it works. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it might not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi Vs Teachable Vs Thinkific
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi Vs Teachable Vs Thinkific