A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer various essential features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your desired audience, others might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complex that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they also offer nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Vs Teachable
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your courses to an audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? Well, there are quite many aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing the majority of the Kajabi features can be easily digestible for people who are just getting started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over others. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build a course-making business without the need to look to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form, of its important features that you may want to be aware of when you’re thinking about the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and materials, as well as a blog where you can keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages and other viable methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people that are from various sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might want to give the service a shot. With the abundance of features that are included in every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, reach an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with every feature you’d want when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available for each of the three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days available on certain blogs. So if you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content with the website and course builders hasn’t been so easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s no free option available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi Vs Teachable
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can create your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching and it lets you look for items and tools within the site by typing in the keywords. Like we said, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or the way it refers to them blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are known as categories and posts, and vice versa. The posts are where you insert various kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your courses on the same tab. This one is handy especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any theme to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand like your logo, images, and font designs , into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Vs Teachable
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to determine if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content more.
In addition in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is available as a separate product or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on all three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as choose from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can modify to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus remove any Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by making one with the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two options: release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Vs Teachable
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Vs Teachable
You can send as many emails to the campaign you want and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. The management of e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to determine how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Vs Teachable
Another of Kajabi’s top features is the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features that require much more effort and time however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to persuade your customers to purchase your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from the ground
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails you will require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For the pricing, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can cost your pupils for the products at various time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple products, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a given period of time. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Vs Teachable
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to make and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you if you’re struggling to create a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and times of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many who use it to develop meaningful courses. Kajabi Vs Teachable
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of more information and tips assistance, the help section is always there to guide you along the way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content however, we must address a few vital things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish that the absence of question type options and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits too.
- A public API key. This could be useful for creating custom integrations for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about when making your choice. Kajabi Vs Teachable
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. With the extremely affordable price, we can imagine how Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it functions. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can use. It does provide all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Vs Teachable
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi Vs Teachable