Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of essential features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your target audience, others may not have most of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that offer editing features that are so complicated that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also offer almost everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look What is Kajabi? Kayse Morris Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your course content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? Well, there are quite numerous aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to the marketing services, nearly all of the Kajabi features are designed to be digestible for people who are new in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an edge over others. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without the need to look elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the most important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and other products along with a blog where you can keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages and other viable methods to boost your profits, further your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might want to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed within each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, garner a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as make a website that you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with all the features you could ask for when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. However, a 14-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs, so if you want to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. The creation of content using the website and course builder software has never been this easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free option available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kayse Morris Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the user interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course and interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar it allows you to search for items and tools within the site by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned the website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to present your content to wider audience.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created in order to increase brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content when you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints allow you to make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are called categories and posts, and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different types of content such as text, video, and images, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to include in your posts, including MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one page. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your brand like your logo images, fonts, and design into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kayse Morris Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you get to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made progress in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. With the Community feature, your students are able to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone item or as a part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with the automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a variety of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate any Kajabi branding and replace that with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the given themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts from when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets it is logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi lets you create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by creating your own using Text Editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes, you have two options: release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private version that only your users can get access to. Kayse Morris Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kayse Morris Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaign as you wish and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can even select which of your members gets the messages. Managing e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kayse Morris Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to persuade your audience to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You could even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different There is a library with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it offers you a wide range of pricing options. You can either charge your students for your products at various times (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or give them away for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a specific product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a specific period of time. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kayse Morris Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to create and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many who use it to develop useful courses. Kayse Morris Kajabi
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for more tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of different types of questions and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack of features, it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities with Kajabi regarding reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might think about in making your choice. Kayse Morris Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range it’s easy to understand the way Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price, it sure does offer greater features that the other as well as live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it works. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It certainly has all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kayse Morris Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. If you do want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app for you and the members who have subscribed can access all your course materials even when traveling. Kayse Morris Kajabi