A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with various crucial features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your desired audience, some might not offer all of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Learndash Vs Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you create and sell your courses to an student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? It’s true that there are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily accessible to those who are new in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over others. Lastly this allows students like you run and develop a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form, of its important attributes that you ought to watch out for if you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and other products and blogs to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other methods to increase your profits, further your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training materials and features, including Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. In the last writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who might want to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of features that are included into each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, reach up to 1,000 active customers, and design a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d like when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is available on selected blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content using the website and course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Learndash Vs Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build an online landing page, change your course and engage with other instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items on the website by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of course or product templates, or, as the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure created to offer an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses which are planned over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons known as categories and posts, respectively. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any theme to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand including logos images, fonts, and design into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Learndash Vs Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments option, you are able to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Apart from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature students have access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone item or as a an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automated SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as pick from a range of unique, professional themes, which you can customize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus remove any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your own!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the available themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website which includes text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site as you wish it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can share information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most the Kajabi-made website this service offers you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with posting blog content by creating one using Text Editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Learndash Vs Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent to their inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Learndash Vs Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails for your campaigns as you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Learndash Vs Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features can be its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to persuade your audience to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from starting
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
For pricing options, Kajabi gives you a wide range to choose from. You can either cost your pupils for the services at various dates (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or distribute them at no cost. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for one item or for a variety of items, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a certain time frame. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Learndash Vs Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to create and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to third-party apps for more functions. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live chat is available for specific times and on certain days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many who use it to design relevant educational content. Learndash Vs Kajabi
For tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to use resources to learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of additional advice and tricks the help desk will be there to help you along the way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and market your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of options for question types – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limits also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack of features, it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might think about when making your choice. Learndash Vs Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost we can imagine the way Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than the other has which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it works. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Learndash Vs Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re traveling. Learndash Vs Kajabi