Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many important features can be utilized when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your intended viewers, other platforms may not have most of the features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complicated that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they also offer almost all you can think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell How do you define Kajabi? Penny In Your Pocket Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your courses to an student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From the course creation to marketing, nearly all of the Kajabi features can be easily accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over other instructors. Additionally this allows students such as you manage and build an online course without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up its ‘one stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the most important features that you may want to watch out for if you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and materials along with blogs to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable ways to improve your profits, further your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who might like to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed into every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, gain an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d like when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is offered for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is also offered on select blogs. So if you wish to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the short free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content with the website and course creator software was never so easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free plan available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Penny In Your Pocket Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design does not allow for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can build your own landing page, alter your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the site by entering the keywords. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages that English for those who want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand value, while online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure designed for the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies, you can add all your files to your course in the same tab. This is a great option especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Penny In Your Pocket Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to determine if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content more.
In addition in addition, the LMS website also has made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone feature or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes, all of which you can personalize to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate all Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories from when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets these days it is logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience, group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode you can choose between two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private podcast that only your users can get access to. Penny In Your Pocket Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Penny In Your Pocket Kajabi
You are able to create as many emails to your campaigns as you like and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Penny In Your Pocket Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s standouts are the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your intended public to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi offers an array of options for you to choose from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at different times (one-time or subscription and several payments) or give them away for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a single item or for a variety of items, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a specific time frame. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Penny In Your Pocket Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to create and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat is available for specific times and on certain days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to design meaningful courses. Penny In Your Pocket Kajabi
For training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to use resources to master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for other tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material however, we must address a few vital things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limits as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site might turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might be considering in your decision. Penny In Your Pocket Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price, we can see the way Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other which includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it functions. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools missing, such as the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Penny In Your Pocket Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app for you and your subscribed members have access to all course materials even when in the move. Penny In Your Pocket Kajabi