Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have many important features can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your desired audience, others may not have most of these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that provide editing options so complicated that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they offer nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Platforms Similar To Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your course content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to the marketing services, nearly all of the Kajabi features can be accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over other instructors. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the most important features that you may want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and products and your own blog to keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training tools and features, including Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who might like to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of important features included in each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. In this plan, you can create three products, gain an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled to the brim with all the features you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content using the site and course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Platforms Similar To Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course, and communicate with your instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar and allows you to search for tools and items within the website by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other than English in case you want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design a course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are called categories and posts, respectively. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all your files to your courses in one page. This one is handy particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your brand, such as the logo, images, and font designs into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Platforms Similar To Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are an effective method of determining whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you get to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Aside from that, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone item or as a an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across all three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as choose from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can modify to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also eliminate the Kajabi branding and replace it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want members to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast there are two options: release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members can get access to. Platforms Similar To Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than simply send emails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Platforms Similar To Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaigns as you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can choose the members you want the messages. E-mail management has never been this complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to promote your content on your behalf. Alongside paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Platforms Similar To Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s standouts can be the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more effort and time however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi provides customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can either charge your students for your products at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or hand them out to them for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a specific product or a number of products, as well as specify specific dates your customers can access within a given timeframe. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Platforms Similar To Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to create and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for basic users live chat is available at certain times and days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to design useful educational content. Platforms Similar To Kajabi
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the field of course development. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for other information and tips assistance, the help section is available to help you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are missing. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the lack of options for question types as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limitations also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may be considering when making your choice. Platforms Similar To Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable cost, we can understand the way Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has higher-end features than the other as well as live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs to be able to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there like the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Platforms Similar To Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribers can access all your course materials even when on the go. Platforms Similar To Kajabi