Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of essential features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your intended audience, some may not have most of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Sean Kim Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you develop and market your content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are numerous reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to use. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales almost all of the Kajabi features are designed to be easily accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over other instructors. Additionally this allows students such as you manage and build an online course without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to watch out for if you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and other products along with your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other effective ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community, and training resources and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. In the last writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who would want to give it a try. With the abundance of features that are included within each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and make your own website you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded with all the features you could ask for when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days offered on select blogs, so if you wish to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, the short trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content using the website and course creator software was never so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Sean Kim Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can build an online landing page, change your course and engage with other instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching and it lets you look for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English for those who want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products, or the way it refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content created to offer the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts or. Posts are where you insert various types of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This is a great option especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any theme to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your brand like your logo or images as well as font design into the course player to add a an individual touch. Sean Kim Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective method of determining whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you get to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Aside from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made progress in creating areas for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with the automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can customize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and above, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs and also eliminate all Kajabi branding and replace that with your own!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the available website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content including text, media files or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it’s logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look as you wish it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with the blog post by creating one using Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience, group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your users have access to. Sean Kim Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Sean Kim Kajabi
You can send as many emails to the campaign you like and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select the members you want to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Sean Kim Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require much more effort and time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to persuade your audience to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build your sales funnel from beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
For pricing options, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can either charge your students for your services at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for one product or a number of items, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a given period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Sean Kim Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you create and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live chat support is scheduled for certain times and times on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many who use it to develop relevant courses. Sean Kim Kajabi
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to use resources to learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for additional advice and tricks the help desk will be there to help you along the way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they meet their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan, and the lack of features, it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Sean Kim Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price we can understand the ways Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other which includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can use. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few tools that are missing for example, the issue of certificates in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Sean Kim Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app for you and your subscribed members can access all your courses even while on the go. Sean Kim Kajabi