Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with a variety of essential features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to market classes to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. Additionally, they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: How do you define Kajabi? Teachable Vs Kajabi 2023
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? There are numerous reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From the course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over the rest. Lastly this allows students like you to run and create a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets of the key characteristics that you might want to watch out for when you’re thinking about using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizable tools, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and products and your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who would want to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of features that are included into each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, garner up to 1000 active users, as well as design a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with every feature you could ask for when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you wish to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content with the site and course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Teachable Vs Kajabi 2023
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for specific tools and products on the site by entering the words. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of course or product templates or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are called groups and posts respectively. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content like text, videos, and images, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to be added to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your course in one tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any theme to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand like your logo, images, and font designs into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Teachable Vs Kajabi 2023
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to assess whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your material more.
In addition aside from that, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone item or as a part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with the automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can modify to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan and above you can import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus remove the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your personal brand!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website which includes text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets these days, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want members to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post information and comments about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with posting blog content by creating your own using an editor for text. You may include SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes there are two options: release the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private one that only your users are able to access. Teachable Vs Kajabi 2023
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Teachable Vs Kajabi 2023
You can send as many e-mails to the campaign you like and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose the members you want the messages. E-mail management has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to determine how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Teachable Vs Kajabi 2023
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your intended public to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from the ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You may even change the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it offers you a wide range of pricing options. You can either make your student pay for services at different dates (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or give them away for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a certain timeframe. You can also create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy all of your products. Teachable Vs Kajabi 2023
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to create and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for more functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to design relevant educational content. Teachable Vs Kajabi 2023
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for more information and tips assistance, the help section will be there to help you along the way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they reach their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that are missing. A majority of them could be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limits too.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack of features, it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might want to consider in your decision. Teachable Vs Kajabi 2023
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to see the way Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer greater features that the other has which includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It certainly has all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Teachable Vs Kajabi 2023
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app for you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course materials even when traveling. Teachable Vs Kajabi 2023