Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many essential features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to promote classes to your intended viewers, other platforms may not have most of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complicated that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they also provide you with nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell How do you define Kajabi? Using Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you create and sell your content to your audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are many factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible even for those who are new in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over the rest. In addition this allows students like you to run and create courses without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the most important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and other products, as well as blogs to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other viable methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. As of this time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who would be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of essential features already packed in every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, garner a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design a website that you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded with every feature you could ask for when making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days offered on select blogs, so if you wish to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. The creation of content using the website and course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students in your classes. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free plan available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Using Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the user interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and even communicate with your instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar, it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English for those who want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content created to offer a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes which are planned over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are known as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you put in different kinds of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to include in your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your course in one page. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any theme to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand including logos images, fonts, and design into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Using Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to assess if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you get to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
Aside from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. With the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone feature or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents with your domain name as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automated SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can personalize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus take away the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts we discussed when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website as you wish it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can post updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site it provides a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with your blog posts by creating one using an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Using Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Using Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails for the campaign you want and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Using Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features is its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your intended customers to purchase your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build your sales funnel from beginning
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme The library is full of 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are immediately sent to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi offers an array of options for you of options to select from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at different dates (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or distribute them to them for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a specific item or for a variety of items, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a specific period of time. You can also create coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase any of your offers. Using Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses however, you also can connect to other third-party applications for more functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users Live chat support is scheduled for certain times and days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to create meaningful courses. Using Kajabi
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for additional advice and tricks the help desk will be there to help you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. Most of them would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations too.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in features it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Using Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price, we can understand how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that Kajabi as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the essentials anyone must need to be able to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing, such as the issue of certificates in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Using Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your courses even while traveling. Using Kajabi