A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer a variety of important features you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to promote classes to your desired audience, some may not have most of the features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may offer editing features that are that is so complicated they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they offer almost everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? What Is Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your courses to an student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? Well, there are quite numerous reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales almost all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over other instructors. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullets, of its important features that you may want to be aware of in the event you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and materials along with a blog where you can keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other viable ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to charge your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training materials and features, including Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. In the last writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who want to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed in every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, gain a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing emails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly and is packed to the brim with all the features you’d want when making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day free trial is available for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs. So if you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content using the site and the course builders hasn’t been so simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students in your classes. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s no free option available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. What Is Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful when you need to search for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching and allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will soon encounter a list of product or course templates, or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons called categories and posts, or. Posts are where you can insert different types of content like text, videos images, and text, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. Upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your course in the same tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image like your logo images, fonts, and designs , into the course player to add a a personal touch. What Is Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to determine whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content.
Apart from that in addition, in addition, the LMS site has also been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your students are able to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and security through an automated SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as pick from a range of unique, professional themes, which you can personalize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also remove any Kajabi logos and substitute it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website, such as media files, text or clickable icons. Sections are, however are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish comments and updates on the content of your course. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you the opportunity to do so without limits. You can get started with posting blog content by making one with an editor for text. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode, you have two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private one that only your members are able to access. What Is Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than just send e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement What Is Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails for your campaigns as you wish and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can even select the members you want to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. What Is Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more effort and time however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your target customers to purchase your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the starting
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates pages and emails you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi provides you a wide range of pricing options. You can choose to charge your students for your services at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or distribute them to them for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a specific product or a number of products, as well as set specific dates that your members can access within a specific timeframe. You can also create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase all of your products. What Is Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you make and market your courses However, you have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to design useful educational content. What Is Kajabi
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their standing in the field of course development. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for additional information and tips the help desk is always there to guide you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they reach their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material however, we must address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the absence of question type options and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations for example, letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might be considering in your decision. What Is Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range it’s easy to see the ways Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price, it sure does offer higher-end features than Kajabi, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing like the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ What Is Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribers have access to all course content even when you’re traveling. What Is Kajabi