A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have various essential features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired viewers, other platforms might not offer all of those things. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may offer editing features that are so complex that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? What Is Kajabi Platform
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your courses to an customers. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? There are numerous factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation to marketing and sales the majority of the Kajabi features can be digestible even for those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors the added edge over the rest. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without having to go elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the most important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and other products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of customer service, community, and training resources in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who might want to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of important features included in each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, gain a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by the platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly and is packed with all the features you’d want when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is offered on select blogs, so if you want to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content using the website and course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. What Is Kajabi Platform
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of clutter, as some aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the search terms. Like we said that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand value, while online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content if you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are called post categories as well as category, and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to include in your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your course in the same tab. This can be useful especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your brand including logos or images as well as font design into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. What Is Kajabi Platform
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective way to determine whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Apart from that aside from that, the LMS site has also been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone product or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents with your domain name or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through an automated SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a variety of premium, unique themes that you can personalize to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate all Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts from when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website including text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it’s logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you a space where you can do so without limits. Start by creating the blog post by creating your own using the text editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users can get access to. What Is Kajabi Platform
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement What Is Kajabi Platform
You can create as many emails to your campaign as you want and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. What Is Kajabi Platform
Another of Kajabi’s standouts is the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms have similar features, which require more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your intended public to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create your sales funnel from starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives you a wide range to choose from. You can charge your students for your products at various times (one-time or subscription and several payments) or hand them out for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for a specific item or for a variety of products, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a given timeframe. You can also create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. What Is Kajabi Platform
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you make and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and times of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to develop useful courses. What Is Kajabi Platform
For tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of additional advice and tricks, the help center will be there to help you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they reach their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material however, we must take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limitations too.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations like having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a plethora of features, it could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might be considering when making your choice. What Is Kajabi Platform
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range it’s easy to understand the way Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price, it sure does offer greater features that the other which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs to be able to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ What Is Kajabi Platform
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re traveling. What Is Kajabi Platform